Full Body Car Insurance
- Full body car insurance means your whole car is covered for damage caused by you or by others. It is usually known as fully comprehensive car insurance and is recommended if you your car is worth in excess of £1500. If your car is worth less than this, then fully comprehensive car insurance is not always the best choice.
- The reason for this is that if you had an accident and extensive damage was caused, the insurance company would decide to “write-off” the car if it cost more to repair the damage than the car was worth. This would mean that with fully comprehensive car insurance you may be paying more money out for nothing. In this instance you may be better going for third party car insurance, or third party fire and theft insurance.
- If you have your own car insurance, you are usually covered by third party car insurance to drive someone else’s car. However, this means that should any damage be caused that was your fault you would not be covered for damage to the vehicle you were driving.
- If you drive someone else’s vehicle regularly just on your own fully comprehensive car insurance, it may be wise to look at becoming a named driver on their fully comprehensive insurance. This would ensure that you would have full body car insurance whenever you drive their car. Of course, this would mean their premiums will go up but it would be worth it if you use the vehicle regularly.
- If this was a path you wished to go down, the best thing to do would be to compare car insurance quotes online. This makes it easy to find the best quote for you at the cheapest price. You simply input all the details, including the extra named driver, and then sit back while the internet does all the work. You will shortly be provided with a list of insurers and their policy prices, meaning you can choose the one most suitable for you.
- Calculating car insurance online has become more and more popular, and there are a number of sites that provide this service. They are among the most time-effective ways of finding the cheapest car insurance available to you at the time. You must remember to look at each car insurance quote you consider in detail, so you can make sure the policy is providing everything you need. This may mean that the best car insurance for you online is not necessarily the cheapest one of the lot. However, it will mean that you still get the best deal available online at that time from whichever comparison website you choose to use.
- It may sometimes be worth checking with a couple of these comparison sites, as some use different insurers to gather their quotes. You may find yourself an even cheaper deal by doing things this way, even if it does mean entering your details into the computer again.
The content of this
website is for information purposes only and must not be taken or
used as advice on the type of products that is most suited to your